About Me

My photo
I’m a diy, penny pinchin’, first time home owner, wife to my amazing helper of a husband, one sweet little type 1 diabetic daughter and one smart creative little boy(or should I say young man!). There isn’t a thing I won’t buy if I think I can make it myself. So I hope you enjoy my attempt to save a little money and share my attempts to make our house a home.

Shop adore:made

Friday, May 4, 2012

Call Me Rehab Rachel


"Given enough spray paint I could change the world" not sure who owns that quote but it's totally me. Especially now that I have discovered Zinzer in a can. I am pretty sure anything could be painted with that stuff....

Following this post soonly is going to be a gallery of allll the things I have "Rehabbed" with a little love a lot of sanding and primer ;) Hoping it will inspire people to see the beauty in the ugly things. ( list of items, FREE dresser, Free wing back chair, Gold Huge plastic mirror, coffee table, Desk and more!)

My recent Rehab was the worlds UGLIEST table.

 I am always looking for furniture (when I need it, because lord knows I have too much) that has character since we live in a newer house lacking character. I have been severely struggling with ideas for the bonus room aka my sewing (class)room and had a few good friends swing by to get me out of my rut all three confirmed put a table in the middle so I ventured on to craigs list for a few days looking for a table I liked and was in my teeny price range....then I spotted it, a 70's solid wood, laminate top, covered in years of food grime and lacquer for the mere price of 25 bucks. What made me want this hideous table?! It has GREAT legs ;) I am a total leg girl when it comes to furniture! I made the purchase for 20 bucks and my husband could not believe he was having to lug it home but I was confident it had great potential and was the perfect size for the awkward room.


I sanded for a day, primed for a day, and painted for an afternoon and I LOVE it (all for the cost of the table I owned primer and paint!:) Proof is in the pudding folks. Re-use, Reduce, Re-Cycle making the world a better place for my little ones in more ways then one! So before you toss something out put some lipstick on that pig and see what you think of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment