About Me

My photo
I’m a diy, penny pinchin’, first time home owner, wife to my amazing helper of a husband, one sweet little type 1 diabetic daughter and one smart creative little boy(or should I say young man!). There isn’t a thing I won’t buy if I think I can make it myself. So I hope you enjoy my attempt to save a little money and share my attempts to make our house a home.

Shop adore:made

Monday, February 13, 2012

Sweet Practically Free Art

Cell phone Pollaroid action ;)
This weekend I cleaned and purged my sweet little ladies room after an awe inspiring visit to another equally as sweet(type1) friends house. Said friends room was so organized the toys were out of sight and just seemed so much more serene then Ava's toy isle style bedroom (More pics of her new sweeter more serene bedroom soon). Upon cleaning up and purging I realized she has NO art! She did have fun tissue poms but one naughty monkey(the little lady herself) jumping on the bed decided it would be fun to rip them down and jump on them :O ugh terrible 2's! So again why buy when you can DIY and completely personalize ;)

DIY Embroidery Hoop Art: 
Embroidery Hoop ( I got mine at good will for .99cents!)
Fabric(enough to over lap about an inch) my fabric is a vintage sheet I have been holding onto ;)
Other textiles - Ribbon, felt, canvas, buttons, lace, ric rac - here you can go crazy!

For my specific hoop I printed the letter a onto heat and bond. Ironed it onto a small piece of canvas, heat and bonded the back of that and ironed it onto felt then went crazy with my FUN stitches on my machine. a couple of rolled felt flowers and bow and some buttons and it's PERFECT! Lay fabric over inner hoop, lay outer hoop over top and tighten the screw as you pull fabric taught(takes a little finesse mine ended up not being taught as I like), fold over excess fabric and glue down so it will lay flat on the wall.  She loves it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment